Friday, December 12, 2008

Dead People Don't Hug Well

See me
Look into my eyes
And read my soul

See me
Fly into my lungs
And breathe my air

What do you see?

What do you feel?

I am not this mask you know
Take off the mask and all you've got
Is a wounded soul crying out to be heard
A little boy screaming for his daddy

Where is my daddy?
Has he left me
To this simple-minded crowd
Of pompous well-wishers?

If you really cared
Would you still see me this way?
Would you still glance in my direction
And promptly turn away?

Or would you step right next to me
Wrap your arms around my shoulders
Sit long with me in silence
As I weep until my eyes are dry?

As long as it takes

Would you do that?

1 comment:

April said...

That is beautifully written, and so true for me also.

I would do that. =]

Could you read my new post (Yes, another one) and tell me what you think? I'd appreciate it.

Followers