Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Something Ventured

*This is about a universal "she"...I thought this was unfinished, but maybe not...

It's not said to be tainted
Mahogany when stained
Something like the saying,
"Nothing fractured, nothing gained"
But sawdust covers ground
And splinters impale skin
She sweats and toils and strives
For victories he'll win
And she keeps running dry
From deep drinkers at her well
And sings a secret lonely song
Inside a holy hell
She seeks for certain purpose
More than lonely's cure
She mixes homegrown bitterness
To bake a dish that's pure
Maybe someday he'll notice

4 comments:

Chris said...

Wow.

Chris said...

I need to head to Kansas City pretty soon, actually :]

As much as I love communicating through blogger comments, I'm pretty sure there's got to be a better way to get in touch... email? Phone?

Jen Addis said...

'inside a holy hell' - thank you for this Kate

April said...

Kate! I love this!
How have you been??

Followers