Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Independence Day with a Capitol D.C. (pt. 1)

I am trying to live up to the standards of my picture-taking comrades (you know who you are) and document a thing or two...so here's to that...

We headed off for our first family vacation in eons, to Virginia to visit Uncle Randy, Aunt Gee Young, and cousins Rachel and Maria. It was especially great to spend the time with them for Independence Day as my uncle actively serves as a major in the army working in nuclear detection. We are so proud of him and thankful for his service.

 We were able to go to a rad amusement park as well as spend the 4th in the city! Here are a few snipets...


typical dilllon.


Rachel made my mom a huge bouquet of origami flowers. That's because she's a G.


"Hey, take a picture with me...(click)..Connor! Smile...."

..."Fine."

typical.


cousins!

We hit the "slopes," if you will, at the King's Dominion, a VA amusement park. Uncle Randy observes  his soon-coming demise on the Shockwave...

I found this particularly funny. Connor was lecturing me about how I've become too sensitive while my dad was pointing out the big bumble bees and the flowers.

18 hours in the car with family = some level of insanity
Connor first said that if I showed anyone this video he would disown me as his sister and question my Christianity (his words), so you didn't see this.

(just kidding, he eventually caved and said I could post it.)







2 comments:

-J- said...

looks like having siblings is tons of fun! haha

your taking it a step up with videos!

tom said...

That is hilarious. All of it. I can sympathize with what Conner said, you weren't this senstive in high school. Just kidding, it's the peeing song that I really connect with.

How ever did you get him on video analyzing your personality? Wow. Little brothers. -leah

Followers