Friday, July 29, 2011

The Cusp

Season of folly
Season of darkness
Season of telling my hands not to do
Season of crying
Season of sitting
Season, the season of waiting for you

Breaking me slowly
Watching me melting
Raking me out and wringing me dry
Left me there lonely
Dark before daylight
Then burst out like fireworks on 4th of July

Bring me in gently
Bring me in quickly
Fold me in closer to feel your embrace
Kiss me there sweetly
Gaze, ever-reaching,
Drawing me nearer to your tender face

Eloquent dignity
Shadowy mystery
Come, be drawn out; sit down next to me
Breathe on me warmly
Tell me your secrets
Let's run away somewhere no one can see

4 comments:

Stephanie Griggs said...

I like this. A lot. It strikes something inside me. I'm not sure if it's a double layered meaning? Written to the Lord? I don't have to know, because I'm aloud to simply enjoy your eloquence winthout having to know all about it. Thanks for writing Kait.

Kait said...

it's written to Jesus, to the One who is showing up strong and captivating my heart now. but there is the possibility of a double meaning... someday...

what a blessing are your words, my dear friend.

Lauren Blake said...

For some reason the line
"breathe on me warmly" really hit me hard. I am praying for you that the Lord would fill you with the breath of his Holy Spirit and that you would feel, smell, and experience his presence in a very tangible way today.

Carlye said...

You should add a warning that tears will also break out at line 12. ;) Or so it was with me...
Very very much struck a chord in me. It's beautiful.

Followers