Monday, April 26, 2010

10 days

deadlines drive me mad
deadlines relieve me
they hang over my head like a nasty dark cloud
they make me prioritize
if only everything was graded
then i would always have someone to please
and receive quantified feedback
because when everything is suspended in abstraction
i get lost
i hate deadlines
i need them

10 days


UPDATE:
Now the research is really in!

If I didn't have a substitute for children on the blog with plants, then this truly serves as my substitute. The brainchild is in and it was a long, excruciating labor. My classmate said, "I feel like I've had a 300 lb. man on my back for several months who is about to climb off." Well said, my good man.

So, baby or 300 lb. man...it's over now. All that's left is an exam, a presentation, a final, and oral interview, a term paper, and a research project to turn in...wooooooohooo!!! PTL for education. For women especially.

Should I be ashamed of taking pictures of myself and some documents in the plaza parking garage, near kinkos? I think the rich people thought that was suspicious.





That said, this is what I feel like doing right about now...











5 comments:

Lauren Blake said...

this poem is so insightful and true well done

Susan said...

I'm pretty sure it's considered rude to not only read someone else's mail but then to post it on the Internet. I'll let it slide this time because I like you. . .

Kait said...

well well well, Su gots jokes...

Jen Addis said...

congratulations Kate! I love the painting at the top of your page as well- did you do it or someone else?

Also thank you for posting your beautiful little plant photos.. I think i will do the same shortly. :)

Kait said...

I could only do something like that in my dreams. I think maybe I'll post some more info on the artist. ;)

Followers