Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The research is in...

So today I presented my research for my thesis which I've been working on all semester. I was totally organized and ready for it, but unfortunately I was the last to present today. I think everyone was more interested in the clock on the wall than in patterns of Kansas public opinions and statute history concerning immigration, a socially constructed social problem. Yeesh. The one place I'm likely to find people who are willing to engage sociological issues.

I share the following in honor of one of my classmates who also presented. See if you can guess his topic...

2 comments:

Tom and Leah said...

That's a great illustration. Was that created specifically for the topic because dont remember seeing that as a clip-art option? (Technically that should end in a question mark, right?)

Kait said...

haha...It's actually one of my favorite comics from marriedtothesea.com.

They take old illustrations and add funny captions to them. Some are off-color so I don't advocate them all. But some are absolutely hilarious.

Followers