Monday, April 19, 2010

riggin' the garden and a few Tom Bday pics

This is the aerial footage of my little seedlings. The set up is a bit "whiskey tango," as Bill and I say.



I spent all Sunday afternoon removing the insane amount of rocks from this area of my grandparents garden. The previous owner must have put them in along with a layer of dilapidated plastic beneath the rocks. The soil was clay that hadn't been worked in years, so that was fun. My grandma lent me some wire and wood for a make-shift anti-bunny invader fortress.


Perhaps this is what people post on blogs when they don't have children...




A little after the fact, but here are some candid pics of the lead up to the revealing of Tom's bday gift.








L'Chaim!

3 comments:

Tom and Leah said...

yes this is what people without children post about. also people with gardening ability do this. notice i have not posted about the lettuce that was robbed out of my soil. and the onions are nothing to speak of...yet. but i do have pictures of kids.

cass said...

hooray. i love your little garden

Susan said...

You will notice that there has been a noticeable increase in my posting since having a small child. This is because posts are evidently more popular if you have a picture. I'm not very visually creative, so I seldome came up with a picture for my post. Now, however, I have more pictures than I know what to do with.

All that being said, I highly enjoy the pictures of your garden. It's the cathartic, vicarious joy of seeing growing things in the spring.

Followers