Friday, August 13, 2010

22 candles

I am a very special girl. I pretty much got four celebrations for my 22nd birthday. First was a spectacular surprise by my small group (headed up by Jess), then pies at KL the  night before, then my actual bday (everyone came to see me at work, then lunch with my mom, present from Bill, then dinner with Jess, Ang and Aliyah), then my family birthday picnic a week later (I wanted to wait until my bro got back from CO- he's one of my 2 fave brothers.). Needless to say, I felt like the center of the world for a little while. I'd like to say I felt uncomfortable and wanted it to stop because I'm so selfless, but....it was great fun. :) The picnic was a great climax because I planned out the menu in advanced and my mom and I spent all afternoon cooking/preparing. I even made homemade ginger ale with strawberry consumme! (thanks design sponge.)

The boys had a good playing tru fris as  my mom and I got the table ready, although the weather felt like vietnam....

...I didn't mind, though. I was caught up in the romanticism of the moment. I love this particular place at shawnee mission park, and the picnic turned out just how I wanted it with festive foods and drinks and everyone playing.

Then we had my mom's banana cream pie and I got to do candles and everything (in regard to the sweat stains, see aforementioned weather conditions).

Ol' Granny McHolzhueter had her unmentionables in a bunch, as usual.
Just candid.
 All that said, I had a wonderful 22nd observation of my life. I got many great presents including a watch (ironman triathalon timex from bill which I proceeded to lose a few days later, and after a few days and a few tears, recovered), a spray painted card by my littlest bro, an original art piece and iron & wine cd from Dillon, a bunch of things from my parents which were everything I needed and would have asked for had I made a list...and finally (drum roll, please)....ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE! This was very big and completely unexpected, but was something I really wanted, but I didn't know how I could swing it financially. A HUGE blessing! Thanks mom and dad. I was speechless.

This concludes perhaps the most narcissistic post in the history of blogger. Thanks to everyone for a great bday.


2 comments:

Susan said...

Hurray. I love you. That's how I feel after reading this post.

Lauren Blake said...

Happy Birthday beautiful to you too! Maybe we could catch up and celebrate by going to coffee sometime now that I am back.
look the poem about the meteor shower too by the way... thanks for drawing me in to the wonder of God.

Followers