Thursday, August 19, 2010

Milk Paint

I recently read an interesting article on design*sponge about using milk paint on furniture, a product of which I had never heard. Shortly after, my mom told me about a new (to us) woodworking store that had all kinds of woodworking supplies. "Do they have milk paint?" I inquired on a whim, not anticipating her affirmative answer!

I therefore decided I should try my hand at it with an old end table I've always liked and had been wanting to modify.

the specimen



before the poly coat

the awkwardly angled and lit photo of the finished product

6 comments:

Dillon said...

Nice effect! Although I don't know how they can get away with calling it green.

justjess said...

I love it! I feel inspired, you did a great job.

Lauren Blake said...

I am very impressed! I would buy that in a store!

cass said...

Very nice Kate. That is a sweet end table.

Maasen said...

super sweetness!!

Allison said...

awesome! where is the store where you bought the paint?

Followers