Tuesday, October 12, 2010

i miss...

sometimes i miss being a part of music-making like a part of me is in a hibernation coma. lately it has been stirring. i miss it more than other things i could be missing right now.

this is what i miss about my old school...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDS96dKzbRU(it's kind of a lame video, but that's the Southeastern Singers)
the guy on keys used to play shows at the cafe i worked at down there and i would wait for hours with my friends before the show so we could have close seats.

i miss worship team in youth group, fine arts festival music, playing flute in marching band and concert band, worship choir at southeastern university, wind ensemble and the soul in the music at southeastern, and more...



i hope (pray) it whistles back at me soon, although id be extra rusty....

3 comments:

Carlye said...

that wasn't lame, that was amazing! i will keep you in my prayers as you awaken from hibernation.

Kait said...

haha, thanks. i guess i meant lame in that i dont know where they're performing of what for...
thanks for the encouragement!

ahh...intense nostalgia!

mountain girl said...

I know what you mean about the dormant thing...I feel that way with my art, but I think just maybe I'm starting to wake from a looong wintery artistic hibernation...so maybe- just MAYBE- spring could be coming to the creative.

Followers