Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hey girl, let's go down, wash our hands in the Carolina tide...

Here is a little window into my vacation at the Outer Banks with the Randy Rockrohr's 2011. What a big fat blessing! Especially since it ended pre-Irene and we returned to D.C. just post-Earthquake. 

Home is where you hang your hat. In our case, that was at the local KOA. In my case, specifically, it was the TBlakes trusty Sierra by Design. Thanks guys! We were constantly chuckling to ourselves that all the other sites had massive campers, pop-up trailers, and party buses with spinning rims and we had a minivan and a u-haul. Staying classy.

Did you hear about the new Blackbeard film that's coming out? It's rated arrr!

We took the ferry to Ocracoke island....for $FREE.99! Car and all!

It looked a little something like this.

Let's just say Rosko didn't stay dry for long. There was a lot of unanticipated dog fishing that went on.

We survived my first attempt at kayaking. Note the kayak high five. A little blurry, but you get the idea.


I sort of liked it on the island.

Special island horses of Spanish decent with one less vertebrae than a typical horse. 
This sign was seen on the side of a bait and tackle shop. The fisherman and the bird people don't necessarily get along.


On the deck of a seafood joint near our campsite, back on the banks, facing the sound.


Late night beach side campfire.

It  may be hard to tell in this pic, but this particular marshmellow was unstoppable.

On our last morning of camping we actually got up for the sunrise...

...but it's never too early for throwing it up!

maria tries her hand at some photog + we love each other.


If you've never been to East Asia, this is what it means to pose for a pic Asian-style. 

If I had an fb, this would most certainly be my new profile pic. 

I told Aunt Gee that she was being literally Christ-like. I actually don't know how I will be a clean person when I'm not around her anymore. She is the most hygienic lady I know, which also left me very impressed at her camping abilities.
And that's just scratching the surface. mm mm good. I spent some great times with the Lord on top of all the fun, and for all you JMM fans, I'm coming back like a baby.

3 comments:

Lauren Blake said...

looks like you had a great time. Love the fb pic. wow looks like you are walking on water. love seeing your family too.

Jessica said...

This looks like an incredible trip! It makes me want to just grab a tent, friends/family, and head to an island! I like that you are posting pictures more. Now that I don't have a fb I need to take more time and write on my blog... (:

Also, I like the JMM title.. I was actually listening to him as I read this... (: the line from one of his songs that just keeps spinning around in my head and heart is the line "Son of David, please don't pass me by." He's got some powerful stuff...

justjess said...

I love the pic of you loving the island...I vote that as your new fb pic...although the other one is nice too. I like all your pics and your comments. I love how zesty you are. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I'm so glad you captured it with pictures.

Followers