Friday, August 5, 2011

Kite Party 2011

I am spoiled. Hopefully not rotten.

Some brave souls came out to celebrate with me on the hottest day of the year. My smile was so big I couldn't feel the heat.

Cass and my mom put on a whimsical and wonderful kite party for me for my bday. Maasen was kind enough to take some pics for me, the camera-less. What a blessing!

the spread

my mother's handiwork, of course. the veggies are carved into flowers, and if you can see it, i have a bday message spelled out in cheese-its.



needed more wind..but please note that big cass MADE me that kite. wawaweewa, where does all the creative energy come from?!

i am loved.


ang trys her hand at flying

my youngest brother and his friends had recently invented a new frisbee game that proved to be a hit. we spent much of the evening on this due to the lack of wind.

team rockrohrrrrrrr + sam = total domination. or, at least in the first game.



he tried so hard!

quit gabbing and play, boys.

muh girls


she made that sign. another example of her superior making skills.

cass surprised me with one of the precious figs from her tree, a truly sacrificial gift. mmm....
Father of Lights, you continue to delight me with the good and perfect gifts you shower down from above. I open my arms to you and lift up my face to feel your radiance. Thank you for my family and community and the way you overwhelm my heart through them. May we all enter into the new season of fullness, movement, joy and love as you break forth into our little world. You are blessed above every other name, and I am humbled that you would look down on me with such favor to give me all of this. Thank you for another year to live, move and have my being in You.

I love you, my friends, those who could be there and those who were there in spirit. If all I had was all of this....dayenu!


5 comments:

Lauren Blake said...

looks like a great time. so sad we had to miss. you are loved and treasured beyond what you could imagine. each time I am with you I love a new aspect of you.

Carlye said...

Oh Kait, I am so happy for you!! That looked like such a wonderful time. Your heart is so precious and I just love how you reflect on things so eloquently. Happy amazing birthday.

p.s. I love kites too!

Tom and Leah said...

We do love you, Kaitee! You are such a unique, delightful individual. We are blessed to have you around. What an adventure this next year will be!

mountain girl said...

Love this kite party, Kait! I missed seeing the post earlier, but happy veeeerrrry late birthday -it looks like it was super sweet!

Jessica said...

This looks like the perfect celebration of another year of Kait! Love you so much, dear friend. Keep living life vibrantly!

Followers