Friday, January 21, 2011

The Painted Peter

Will you turn back my praise if I falter again?
Spoken words flow less freely than ink in a pen.

If I don't raise my voice then will you stand ashamed,
would that you never had called me by name?

If preaching in cities is putting out fires,
the smoldering mess melts into the mire.

This painted Peter sinks into the sea
and my heavy faith sinks low inside me.

And then surely washes up onto the shore
Breakfast of fish, thrice softly implore

Hungry sheep to feed.

4 comments:

justjess said...

You're amazing. You Rockrohr's blow my mind. Keep it coming mama. I love it.

Carlye said...

Did you paint that?? Not that I would be totally surprised...you are one talented gal!! Sean and I love the pic and painting pair so much that I want to ask..."how much?" Would that be rude?

Kait said...

oh wow...I definitely did NOT paint that. I guess I should've said that in the post. I do have it up on my wall so I felt like scanning it so people could see it as a part of the inspiration.

The artist is Grabianski. I'm pretty sure I have an earlier post about his work...I have a Bible story book that is illustrated by him that I am in LOVE with.

Kait said...

Oh, here...it's not long.
http://dkmr.blogspot.com/2010/04/good-picture-book.html

Followers